For the biomedical, pharmaceutical, agro-food and probiotic sectors
Pairing the power of nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) with the science of metabolomics to provide you with state-of-the-art services for your key applications
Giotto Biotech, in collaboration with the Magnetic Resonance Center (CERM) at the University of Florence, is in a unique position to provide you with metabolomics services thanks to access to top-of-the-line instrumentation (including a fully robotized 600 MHz NMR machine for high volumes, a 600 MHz HR-MAS, and an 850 MHz solid-state machine for metabolomics on tissue extracts).
Some examples of the fields of application
- Biomedical: metabolomic profiling of biological fluids (breath condensate, expectorate, sweat, urine, blood, serum), disease fingerprinting.
- Pharmaceutical: prediction of drug toxicity, analysis of mechanism of action and side effects.
- Agro-food: analyses of food products (fruits, vegetables, dairy products, olive oil, meat and fish, etc.).
- Probiotic: metabolomics of probiotic products for their characterization.
Advantages of metabolomics by NMR
As compared to metabolomics by mass spectrometry, metabolomics by NMR:
- is more accurate (though metabolomics by mass spectrometry is more sensitive);
- does not require the destruction of samples;
- involves easier sample preparation;
- is faster.
- NMR screening and metabolomics of biological fluids, tissues and food products.
- Metabolomic profiling and disease fingerprinting.
- Biomarker discovery.
- Drug studies (toxicity, mechanism of action, side effects).
- Metabolomic statistical analysis service.
Bruker IVDr 600 MHz spectrometer (Bruker BioSpin) operating at 600.13 MHz proton Larmor frequency, equipped with a 5 mm PATXI H/C/N with 2H-decoupling probe including a z axis gradient coil, an automatic tuning-matching (ATM) and an automatic refrigerated sample changer (SampleJet). An additional 600 MHz spectrometer is equipped with an HR-MAS probe for the metabolomic investigation of intact tissues and cells.