ProBlue Safe Stain: a non hazardous solution for staining proteins on polyacrylamide gels. Coomassie stain does not require addition of methanol and acetic acid for destaining and produces blue bands on a clear background.
The main advantages for your labs are:
- staining in aqueous solution (no special handling or fume hood are required)
- bands are already visible while gel is being stained
- no solvent waste problems
Easy to use:
- Rinse the gel with deionized water (the gel have to be completely covered by the water) and heat in a microwave oven for about 2 minutes.
- Discard the water.
- Pour ProBlue Safe Stain solution on the gel until the gel is completed covered and heat in the microwave for 2 min.
- Incubate the gel with ProBlueSafe Stain for 2 minutes and discard the ProBlue Safe Stain.
- Rinse the gel with of deionized water (the gel have to be completely covered by the water) and boil in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Discard the water and repeat the last step till the protein bands become clearly visible.